Souss and The Great South
An opened way to dream...
The poet has already said: "Morocco is the gateway to the dream." For most the dreams that are lost refined more and more in a dehumanized world, where they have neither time, nor live to dream. These dreams are not yet out of reach. However, they are so close and so wrap: This is the kingdom of dreams, host visitors, the Kingdom of thousand Kingdoms.
Morocco, is a gift from heaven of light, sunsets and sunrises incomparable light in pure atmosphere of the town of Ouarzazate, sunrises and sunsets of Merzouga and Chegaga ... Morocco is home of the sun. It is here most times of the year, constant companion, activating emotions and new sensations, as if the light regenerated life in the face, landforms, justifying the shots almost mystical heart of a Matisse or a Delacroix.
Souss and The Great South 5 days/ 4 nights
This circuit is a combination of several successful landscapes; it takes us through their towering walls. A bewitching cocktail of colors purple, pink, rust, tan and purple. An original route that plunges us into the authentic life of southern Morocco.
The scenery, as it rushes past, is intensely beautiful - a blur of browns, yellows and blues. The area is inhabited by the Berbers who most of them used to adopt the nomadic style as their life style. It attracts tourists from all over the world. Tourists visit the area to mingle it with the locals, enjoy camel trekking, the quietness of the desert, sunset and sunrise...etc. Right at the heart of the Berber country, the Drâa Valley is a series of oases and palm groves along the river's course, between the last of the Anti-Atlas Mountains and the very gates of the desert, first of stone, and then of sand. From Ouarzazate to Zagora, the road first crosses the plateau of Jebel Tifemine, almost a desert expanse, and then the road rises amid steep canyons to the Tizi n 'Tinififlt.
- The great valleys of southern Morocco the High Atlas and Anti Atlas.
- The agrarian and pastoral life, linked to a centuries-old tradition.
- Desert landscapes.
- The authentic face of the Sahara with its Kasbahs and Ksours.
- A real track to discover the real Morocco.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate
In the morning an enjoyable drive across the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi N’Tichka’s passes at 2260 meters. Beautiful village suspended on the flanks of the mountains… We'll call a halt to visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, registered to the world heritage of the UNESCO this walled village, spangled of notched towers and decorated of motives in the shape of lozenge, is considered understandably like one of most beautiful of the country. Hundreds of movies are shot in this decor «the diamond of the Nile ", «Lawrence of Arabia ", The Mommy, Gladiator, 7 days in Tebet, Babel…etc. Reaching Ouarzazate, for those of you who are interested, a visit to the impressive Atlas Film Studios can be arranged, we'll drive to the 100 year old Kasbah Taourirt for a quick visit of this complex of courtyards, a maze of richly decorated rooms, alleyways and crenulated towers. Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate.
Distance: 204 Km
- Privileged accommodation: Dar Daif or similar
- Economical accommodation: Les Jardins de Ouarzazate or similar
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Taznakht – Foum Zguid – Tata
We leave in the direction of the village Foum Zguid via the Anti Atlas Mountains, where scenery will be changing between the semi deserts to weirdly shaped mountains. We are going through the mountains of Sirwa and the village Taznakhte, a Berber town well known with its handmade Berber carpets; we are proceeding until Foum Zguid. Continuation to Tata; small town, situated on the Open Sahara. Tourists use the town as a base for excursions in the area. Dinner and overnight in Tata.
Distance: 360 Km
- Privileged accommodation: Dar Infiane or similar
- Economical accommodation 2: Chez L'Habitant
Day 3: Tata – Akka – Bouzakarne – Tiznit
As our journey begins we drive through Kasbah villages and canter across white sand in direction of the desert to Akka. Akka is an oasis marked by clusters of red houses and villager going about their daily life. This was a stop on an ancient caravan route and subsequently became an area of Jewish settlement in Morocco. Then continuation through neck Kerdous to Tiznit, it is one of the very ancient Moroccan southern cities. Tiznit was founded back in 1881 by Sultan Hassan I, Tiznit is very famous for its silver jewellery activity, and is one of the nice tourist’s destinations in the south of Morocco.
Distance: 312 Km
- Accommodation : Riad Janoub or similar
Day 4: Tiznit – Tafraout – Agadir – Taroudant
Departure to discover the region of Tafraout’s rocks painted Amelnes valley and the valley of Ait Mansour. Continuation to Taroudant, the old capital of the Souss and one of the typical Cities of Morocco, Turn of the ramparts, visits Souks and discovered of Berber pottery. This town offers more than a complete change of scenery: it is famous for its jewellery souk and its craftwork of copper, leather and carved stone. Dinner and overnight in Taroudant.
Distance: 278 Km
- Privileged Accommodation: Riad Jnane Ines or similar
- Economical accommodation: Riad Ain Khadra or similar
Day 5: Taroudant – Marrakech
Breakfast, departure to visit the town of Taroudant or "Little Marrakech", we back in time when we visit the charming town with red walls perfectly preserved in its magnificent ramparts. Continuation to Marrakech. Arriving at the end of our services.
Distance: 204 Km
- Transportation by a minibus with a personal driver including gas and driver's fees.
- Accommodation 4 nights based on daily half board. Our priorities in selecting accommodation are: the authenticity, the comfort and the quality of service.
- The accompaniment of tourists own language speaking guide / driver during the circuit.
- All taxes.
- International Airfare
- The transfer from Moroccan cities or airports to Marrakech: If you want a member of our staff comes to receive you wherever you are: a supplement is then charged.
- The extra cost of meals
- All the drinks
- The optional suggested excursions (to reserve and to pay on the spot).
- The optional tips
- Under 2 years of age are free of charge
- 3 to 11 years old: 50% discount
- 12 years old and up: full cost
- The meeting place in Marrakesh will be communicated to you after the definitive confirmation of your reservation.
- The pick up will be provided for Hotels/ Riads situated in the heart of the Medina.
- We propose this circuit from two participants.
For further information or Reservation, feel free to get in touch with us: Contact